Porcelain (vitreous) enamel provides a durable coating on many different objects & substrates.
The enameling technology is therefore characterized by a large variety of processes and application methods and ditto different types of enameling equipment.
Our company is specialized in setting up new enameling plants and optimizing the performance of existing enameling operations.
Enameling Technology & Processes
Over time many different enameling processes have been developed to reduce enameling cost and/or
meet environmental requirements.
We may assist you to select the most suitable enameling process for your product, production and/or environmental requirements.
Below some interesting posts about enameling technology & processes :
- Enameling furnace atmosphere
- Enameling Processes
- Wet enamel preparation & milling
- What is a porcelain enamel coating ?
We may assist you with selecting the right enameling equipment for your application with the lowest cost of ownership.
Please find below more info about industrial enameling equipment :
- Launch of industrial-enameling.shop
- Pictures of industrial enameling equipment
- Steam spraying improves application
Most industrial enameling plants are optimized for coating one type of product, although there are also very flexible enameling plants, which are designed to process many different products.
An enameling plant is more then a collection of enameling equipment.
Its layout may have a significant effect on the achieved coating quality,
operational enameling cost and ease of future maintenance.
Below some interesting posts about enameling plants :
- Automatic enameling plant for water heaters
- Enameling plant for cooker components
- Enameling plant for electrical water heaters
- Modern boiler enameling plants based on powder technology
- Offline powder enameling plant for boilers
- Reduction of energy consumption at industrial enameling plants
- Reshoring & nearshoring production
- Setting-up new enameling plants
- Successful implementation of industrial enameling plant projects
Troubleshooting enameling processes & equipment
We may provide hands-on support when dealing with technical issues, such as :
- Identifying root cause(s) of enamel defects
- Conducting independent plant audits
- Conducting independent equipment inspections
- Providing corrective & preventive maintenance advice
Resolving enamel defects
Enamel defects may result in rework & in the worst case in scrapping of your almost finished goods.
In consequence, it is having a great impact on your enameling cost & plant output.
Identifying the root-cause of enameling defects is not always easy.
DTC may provide remote and/or on-site assistance with identification, classification & resolution of enameling defects.
Below some interesting posts about enamel defects :
- Enameling cost reduction
- Fishscaling of porcelain/vitreous enamel coatings
- Identification of enameling defects
- Troubleshooting enameling defects
- UNI 11734 : Determining fish-scale susceptibility of enameling steel
Preventive Maintenance of enameling equipment
Equipment breakdowns may effect the quality of your coating, increase your enameling cost and/or reduce the output of your enameling plant.
Regular preventive maintenance instead of corrective maintenance will reduce the chance on breakdowns.
DTC may provide independent maintenance advice based on plant/equipment inspections.